This week on Underwire Alice and Peggy got contributors across Canada to talk all things PRIDE since June is officially Pride Month!!!
We asked our guests to answer any and all of these questions:
- How do you identify and do you feel all of your identities are represented and included at Pride?
- Tell a story or share a memory you have from Pride.
- What do you love and what do you hate about Pride?
- Why is Pride political to you?
- What event should we hit up this year?
We are honoured to have these amazing guests contribute to the podcast: Tynan Rhea, Justina, Layla, Leah, Mandi, Trish, Lori, Phil, Nicole Ysabet, and Nivie Singh. They shared their stories and feelings about what Pride really means to them as queer people.
Suggested events are linked below:
- Yes Yes Y'all Dance Party - June 23rd
- Pride Prom - June 19th
- Rude Collective presents: Black. Nuance. Shade - June 16th
- Nuit Rose - June 16th & 17th
- Vancouver Dyke March - July 30th & Toronto Dyke March - June 24th
- The March On Pride Vancouver - June 25th
The sick beats featured in this week's episode are:
- George Michael - Freedom '90
- 5kinandbone5 - wut
- Mykki Blanco - Feeling Special
- RuPaul - Supermodel
- Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
- Sylvester - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
- Tegan and Sara - Stop Desire
- Cher - Believe
- And especially Rae Spoon - DangerDangerDanger
Thank you to all our amazing contributors and HAPPY PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!